Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time with "Toby"

I am normally not the kind of person who wins "stuff". I don't play the lottery, and I am normally not a winner at drawings or raffles if I decide to give it a try. So imagine my surprise when after entering a radio contest on K102 that I won the opportunity to meet Toby Keith!
On October 28, Toby's newest CD "That Don't Make Me A Bad Guy" was released. As part of a promotional tour he was doing an in person radio interview at the K102 radio station in Minneapolis. I signed up on the internet one day on a whim. A few days later I recieved a call that I had been chosen to be present for this interview and meet Toby Keith.
So, Doug and I arranged to take some time off from work. Collin was able to spend the afternoon and evening with his friend Bryce (THANK YOU to the Neumann family for babysitting!) and Doug and I had a "date" with each other...and Toby.

The setting at the "Roadhouse" where they did the interview was intimate. I would say there were less than 40 people present. We got to take part in the interview and meet/get our photo taken with Toby during commercial breaks. He shook our hand... and called me "sweetheart". Gotta love that southern charm! He really is as down to earth, irreverant, funny and handsome as one would expect...but I'll stop gushing now!


After the radio show, Doug and I completed our date with dinner out...at the Texas Roadhouse in Coon Rapids. Where better to end the "country themed" evening?






1 comment:

Our Family said...

So, the question has been posed if there is "another" man in Doug's life...Doug pretty much worships John Elway...and now Toby. During the interview Toby "accused" the interviewer JD of having a "man crush" on him...I think JD did, I know Doug does and I am pretty sure several others had the worship thing going too. Us girls did too, of course....