Thursday, March 19, 2009

A matter of perspective...

So, I have had a really hard week at work so far and there is no end in sight for the drama I am stuck in. I am still committed to the work that we do and overall I really appreciate where I have worked for the last 12 years...but this week has been very challenging for me there personally and professionally. Tonight at dinner I finally "broke down" and some tears escaped without my consent.

Needless to say, our very observant and empathetic son noticed mommy was in distress. He promptly hopped down from where he was sitting and came over to give me a hug and kiss. He patted me on the back and said "It'll be ok, mommy".

If that were not enough to replace my tears of frustration with tears of joy, he then promptly walked to the bathroom. He returned with tissue and said "I wipe your tears, mommy" and had me bend down to do just that.

Talk about putting things in perspective! Screw work, my son is wonderful and so is my life!

2 comments:

freddielyle said...

I'm such a sap! I teared up reading that! Bless his tender little heart...

Katie said...

Just getting to read others blogs today. That is so sweet of Collin! You are doing a fantastic job! Hope things are going better!